Roads & Boats Wooden Insert/Organizer
Compatible Editions: The insert has been tried and tested with 4th and 5th edition including the &Cetera expansion and the 20th Anniversary Edition.
Earlier compatibility: The insert should be compatible with the earlier editions as long as the cardboard tiles (for example the map tiles) are of the same thickness, or thinner.
- keeps all the components organized
- box can be stored horizontal, vertical and even upside down
- removable trays
- player trays have everything needed to start the game
- the insert offers 8 custom made mines for use. Place the chits inside, shake the mini-box and take out one chit at a time. Note: Due to the tight margins in terms of real estate and some of the chits having slight variances in size, some might occasionally get stuck inside.
- each resource tray is labeled to help new players identify the chits and minimize confusion
- has space for multiple language rulebooks (designed with 3 large rulebooks and 2 scenario books in mind which help keep everything in place, not having all the books might affect the way the chits stay in place)
- all the resources have their own trays, thus mixing and matching the expansion modules is very easily done
- the box lid is raised by 8mm (0.3 in)
- the 2 extra resource tracks, for those with the expansion, can be stored in the insert as well. I personally am keeping 1 extra resource track in the mine cylinders tray and one in the pencil tray.
Please note: This is a very large insert, it's 3 times larger than my average inserts, so I'm asking for extra processing time.
Includes assembly manual.
The box size that this organizer was designed for is: 500mm x 307mm x 64mm (INNER BOX MEASUREMENTS) (19.6 in x 12in x 2.5in).
This listing is for the wooden organizer only and not for the actual game (or any of the game pieces).
Share this Product
Takes about an hour to build and you do need a mallet. Roads and boats is the only game I have a nifty organizer for and it is well worth it. It speeds up setup and has these neat player trays with their complements.
In general very pleased with the product; have it all stained and in the box neatly. One minor suggestion; it is next to impossible to build the tile boxes according to the instructions; the small fin-shaped sections are not sturdy enough to be installed first, followed by the other sides. Makes more sense to install the opposite side, then the two solid sides, and then the two “fins”. A minor issue which doesn’t affect the product at all, just a QOL improvement!